22 enero 2013

My Wonderland

5am... alarm sounds... me; I feel angry! My husband, who supports me when I feel that everything's is too much, wakes up first and prepares tea. I go to shower blaming... after shower rush starts... taxi is about to come.Outside still dark. My husband sits on the bed with our cat and they look at me while I dress up and blame again 'cuz I have no time to properly dress my hair. He smiles... I feel stupid and think... I'm so lucky 'cuz I'm just behaving like a kid and he still wakes up and brings a cup of tea telling me: 'drink and relax'... while still smiling. Today he had a funny dream.

Then I start apologizing... 'I'm sorry but I'm tired and nervous... it's just 5.30am! ... I'm traveling at 7am to Paris with all week long meeting... I couldn't really sleep well and I know this is not pleasant either for you.... and bla bla blas' he stops me... he says 'don't worry. Drink the tea and go for work'. He doesn't know how much this means to me.

Then he joins me to the taxi while city still sleeping, in silence, he doesn't have to... but he dresses up and he joins me till we see the taxi near La Rambla del Raval... I can't stop talking and he's mostly shutting up, walking and carrying my luggage.

In front of the taxi I kiss him quick and he tells me calmly 'have a good trip', I realize, kiss was too quick I think, and turn back and kiss him again. 'Thanks' I say 'I love you'.

I jump into the taxi feeling tired... am I late? ... time, time, time... I feel like Alice in Wonderland or so... and thinking about this... I feel sleepy, I'm lucky the taxi driver is also calm and respectful and doesn't brake up my sleepy state.
 

Now I'm in Paris, after running bit more than a bit, cues and small angry fights while people try to be the first everywhere, even to be checked out. I don't care... I wasn't finally late... so Alice found the way to the plane on time.

Landing I saw the snow... and it's still early morning! The Wonderland rabbits are waking up and jumping all around the frozen landing ways at the airport playing with the snow. I think back on him, home and the tea at 5am. Think he's sleeping since I left, he doesn't have to wake up early today.

Suddenly I feel I miss him like hell and smile... it's normal, isn't it?

Good Morning from Paris

1 comentario:

Srj dijo...

Alice in Wonderland or Strange in Strangeland (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ry42FHfz67A) ... life sometimes gives us that small spots of peace connecting what it is and what should be.

Happy wormhole!

srj